Monday, October 18, 2010

Famous Quotes of the Tour

"I never knew the Free State was this flat"
- Wim, 5km outside Sasolburg

"Dodds has a serious case of Kombinitus"
- Heard at the fines ceremony

"What are you 'sinking about' Sid?"
- Alan Welsh, after Sid kept riding in front to "Think"

"If it weren’t for Tequila, cactus would take over the world"
- Willem at fines ceremony

"Oh sorry, did I hurt you?"
- Kate, after Ernst started crying on the massage table

"That’s not a sock in my pants"
- Kolbe, after putting on his cycling shorts

"I’m walking like an Egyptian"
- Dodds, when asked why he is walking funny

"How difficult can it be to get me a beer? You go to the fridge, take out the beer and give it to me!"
- Alan Westerman after waiting 35 minutes for a beer after day 3

"I keep aiming for the potholes, but I can’t get a puncture!"
– Dodds

"Hier kom daai twee taai toffies"
- Johan, when Ernst en Kolbe joined the bunch

“Final round, final final round”
- Pieter Kunz, after the 5th final round!

"Nog net 3km dan is ons daar"
- Pieter Kunz, 2km from the "10km to go" sign

“Ja jou Kanaalaap”
– Johan, replying to one of Kolbe's jokes

"Just one more hill then it's downhill to the finish"
- Pieter Kunz, at every hill

"What's that bright thing?"
- Alan Westerman, seeing the sun for the first time in 5 days on Sunday morning

Another funny thing was when Sid forgot the punchline to his own joke after 7 "fines". He just stood up and went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment